Sunday, October 20, 2013

list of things.

All weekend I’ve been trying to make a list of things I love to do. It shouldn’t be this hard, should it? It seems like the things I love to do and the things I should love to do get mixed up. And there are things that I don’t love to do in the moment, but once I’ve done them, I’m glad.

Maybe some of it boils down to fear?

Par for the course. I didn’t know what that saying meant until just a few years ago. Crazy, right? I asked someone, and he told me. It has to do with golf.

To make the list a bit more tangible, to coax it out, I decided to make it a list of things I love to do in the fall. 

Seven Fall Things I Love to Do

  1. Walk down a street full of fallen leaves
  2. Drink a cup of tea in the evening with a book
  3. Eat a bowl of soup for dinner
  4. Roast a winter squash
  5. Wear tights and boots
  6. Sit on a park bench and write in my notebook
  7. Walk to work and listen to a good podcast
I am very guilty of filling my day with things-to-do. But it’s good to have blocks of time that aren’t meant to accomplish anything in particular. Time that you can fill with your existence. That can be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment