I know it.
I KNOW IT!
Early in the book, Tharp poses the question: what are your fears?
Everyone has them, and everyone who is creating and making has them. Fear makes you feel alone, but it is one of the few things that is common among us.
I tried to make a list. It looked like this:
List of fears in writing
- I don’t know where to start.
- I’m not any good.
- Things I want to write will hurt or offend my family and friends.
- People won’t like me.
- I don’t have the energy (alternatively: I don’t feel like it. But is this a fear?)
Remember what Langhorne said? Fuck the fear. Be here.
I’m reading a lot these days, and it feels good. It revs my engine. I’m waking up early, early enough to drink coffee and cook a full breakfast, early enough to curl up on the couch with a book before I ever start to work. It is fast becoming my favorite part of the day.
My resolution this year was to read more, and I am devoting myself to it. It helps to focus.
Things I am thinking about today:
-curating home
-finding time for what is most important
-food (always)
-connections (triggered by The Faraway Nearby, which is really lovely)
-how wonderful books are
-spring (it's coming soon)
No comments:
Post a Comment