I don't quite know where to begin after the frenzy of writing last month. It feels a bit like that first run the week after you just ran a race. Now what are you running for? But I also feel at ease. It feels comfortable and safe here, like this is my place, like I beat down the pillows and turned up my favorite music and now, on a quiet Friday night, this is where I want to be.
I'm not setting resolutions this year. I still have my birthday list to work on, and I'm going to set the goal of reading at least two books each month again, and I'm hammering out the details of my little writing challenge. I'm planning to do another race in the fall. J and I are going to break the sugar-shackles this month (after eating an absurd number of cookies this week). And my soul-mate-ladyfriend is doing a year-long project with me that's about reflection and action and change. That all feels like a good plan for the year.
So tonight, I'm curling up with Bob Dylan, winter ale, and a phenomenal book.
And what else?
The new year has begun. This is the one.
No comments:
Post a Comment